Body By Vi

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Weekend is Over!

First off a big Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I have spent most of the weekend with my mom, so I am sure she has enjoyed in all of our fun.

Not only have I been shopping and just hanging out with my mom all weekend. My dad and I tackeld into the task of cleaning the walls at the studio. Yes I said cleaning the walls, two of my walls are created strickly from old glass windows. I fantastic idea thought up by my friend Mark who has worked on building the walls for me. However, the windows were extremely dirty and covered with cobwebs. The two of us spent two hours cleaning about 12 windows and we aren't quite done yet. Especially for the right level of clean according to the "Voegel Standard" of clean windows. I'm getting to learn alot about the creation of my own studio as well as what it will take to clean out the old window sealant and putting in new window sealant. That will be my next task after they are spotless.

I loaded in more art supplies to my space, I was shocked to find how many boxes of clay I have brought home from my days at college. I thought it was just a few but I have quite a bit to get myself off and running. I'm very excited, as this is one less expense I will have to purchase to get started. I also carried in my pottery wheel. It's an awesome device called a "Throw n' Go", where all the pieces and parts stack neatly together and you can carry it anywhere and make wheel thrown ceramics pretty easily. The next task is to sit down and re-teach myself how to actually throw on the wheel again. It is just like riding a bike, you don't forget it, you just need to re-learn it. I have a few seats now as well, so I can go up there and relax as well as just hang out. I can't wait to get a couple of tables up there, my last wall up and I can really start using it as a studio. We are just weeks away from that happening.  

Although the weekend has turned into quite the productive one, it has been exhausting and I am looking forward to the week ahead. I more week closer to summer, summer paychecks, and the sound of relaxation. :)

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend, best wishes for the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment