Body By Vi

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Friday!!

As usual it's the best time of the week, Friday!! I'm a super huge fan of Fridays, in fact its a ritual on Friday afternoons to call my sister and wish her a "Happy Friday!" on my drive home from work. I'm pretty excited to get through this week as it is just getting us closer to summer break at school. 14 days left with the kids and 16 left for the teachers. I think I'm just as excited and ready to be done with school as the kids are. With the school year wrapping up I'm finding it is time to get busy photographing all the artwork for our Artsonia website and I hope to post projects and lessons here on my blog as well. I get lots of ideas for projects from fellow art teachers who have blogs, so its a necesssity I keep in the trend and post projects as well.

I just picked up artwork from the last art show of the year, that took place in a local mall. My students proudly brought home Best of Show, 1st-4th Place finishes in many catergories that were judged, and a handful of honorable mentionings. I'm so proud of my students, they worked so hard all year long and deserve to come home with awards like this. Everyone who participated in the show from the other school districts did an awesome job as well. I took lots of pictures to show the students what others are creating in their programs. Seeing the work of others their age seems to help boost the level of creativity and level of difficulty. Always push for more, Art is limitless in abilities and talents.

That's it for now, I hope everyone has a Happy Friday themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment