Body By Vi

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowman Teachers!!

I got this idea from another awesome art teacher blogger on the internet, Art with Mr. E, who got his idea from another teacher who blogs as well. Here's the link to his blog about his snowman teachers: http://artwithmre.blogspot.com/2010/12/snowmen-st-at-tge.html

I decided to do this in both the junior high and elementary school I teach at. My initial thoughts on this project was just to get the staff involved in a group project and show the students that it doesn't matter who you were everyone has a little creativity in them to create even a simple snowman. The teachers could create the snowman themselves or they could have some students help them create their snow teacher. I never thought it would take on such a life of its own with the staff members competing in a sense with how creative they could make their snow teacher. I gave each teacher an outline tracing of a snowman on 12 x 18 piece of white drawing paper. ( A few teachers came back needing it on heavier paper so I traced the template I made on to tagboard for those teachers.) The only other directions I gave them was to cut out the snow man and use whatever supplies you wanted to create the snow teacher into the likness of them or something that interested them. Boy what I got back was a variety of snowman in all levels of creativity. Some had their spouses help them out, others their children at home, and but many pulled all the creativity they could muster out of their imaginations and went to town.

I'm very proud of the staff for being so willing to create a snow teacher, even though this is one of the most busiest times of year for us.

Take a look at how great they turned out. :) Happy Holidays Friends!!





No comments:

Post a Comment